Monday, July 8, 2013

Hypnosis?

I'm just gonna come right out and say it because I get asked regularly about it....Yes Rapid Resolution Therapy® is a form of hypnosis.  Now I am a Licensed Professional Counselor in a state that requires NO training to be a hypnotherapist at all.  Nope Missouri does not require you to get specific training in hypnosis before you start calling yourself a hypnotherapist.  Nor does it require you to have any other form of training to be a hypnotherapist.  Which means in Missouri my auto mechanic could start a side business as a hypnotherapist.  Crazy huh?
Now I have been training exclusively in RRT hypnosis for years now.  It is the ONLY form of hypnosis that I know.  I do recognize there are other forms out there and have learned about them.  I am very satisfied with RRT and the results I see my clients experience therefore I see no reason to go and study another form of RRT.
Some of my clients on the other hand have experienced other forms of hypnosis and I have been told they prefer what I do.  They describe it as a deep feeling of relaxation with the ability to hear and know what I am doing while in that state of relaxation.  They have told me that with other forms of hypnosis they had NO CLUE what the hypnotherapist was doing or saying.  OK which ever this is what I do, my clients like it and when I receive RRT I like it myself.  And I would describe it just the same...deep relaxation and yet I know what's going on around me.
The fact that I do hypnosis is likely to scare some off.  That's a bummer.  If you have questions about hypnosis or concerns please feel free to call us and we will answer your questions.  You can also click on this link from my RRT friend Mark Chidley who just posted about hypnosis and RRT.  It's a GREAT article!
If you are actually seeking a hypnotherapist in the Missouri area do your research.  As I mentioned before in Missouri NOTHING Is required to be such...no previous mental health education/experience and no hypnosis training!  Be an educated consumer, this is an investment in yourself!
Be well, Be happy-
Tara S. Dickherber, LPC
Senior Certified Practitioner in Rapid Resolution Therapy®
573-754-0348
tara@mylifecoachtara.com
Pin It

No comments: